Wednesday, January 14, 2015

A View from Her Window

When Life does come as: A B or C, what can one do?
Fretting, shuffling, jumping up and down, what will that solve?
Walking in the shadows, I saw her standing near her window.
Her silhouette a portrait on canvas: a soft contour, a goddess
In disguise!  My thumping heart, won’t stop despite
Trying in vain to pressure it with both hands hugged
Tightly to my chest!  The soft wind caresses her sheer
Transparent, white curtain, billowing, waltzing
Against her curvy hips!

 Hoot, hoot! An owl perching on a branch near her window
Caused her to turn in my direction; I dove down as if she
Could see me in the moonless sky. “You’re a Knight
Commander who’s on a day of furlough –relax man!”
“As if that matters?” A whizzing thought intertwined hastily  
With the previous thought in my mind.  I’m a man first!
At least I should start believing it at any rate.
I’m allowed to feel—to love! I’m allowed to love
Her with all my might even if it has to be encased within
The deep recesses of my heart!


© January 13th, 2015